OTF Exclusive Airtel Showing Port Status in App

Ankit Jain

Reaction score
I thought of porting out my number from Jio to Airtel yesterday as Airtel has rolled out vowifi in Chennai and the sound quality seems to have been improved in my area as there was a new installed few months back. Since then I was thinking to change my operator. Also I am not sure about the jio vowifi support as any operator would prefer their own network above anyone else in providing services. Hence I think this is a good decision. I just opened my Airtel app today where I found the port status reflecting which is a nice initiative.

ivUhYpK.jpg

I will share my calling experience on vowifi once the sim gets activated. Btw I forgot to mention that I am using one plus 6t with Android 10 which supports vowifi and have personally checked with my brother's number who is using Airtel.

This is very strange as porting should only take 2 days max as per new TRAI rules. Are you porting intercircle-ly?

This is very strange as porting should only take 2 days max as per new TRAI rules. Are you porting intercircle-ly?

Yes it is 2 days as per the new regime but I went late in the evening yesterday also today being Sunday I assume they will take some time. Also for all the companies it's quarter end. So they will have a heavy work load. I'm fine with it though coz atleast I know the status of my number being ported.

Yes, This is really a nice initiative but not show exact status.
If you want to Know exact status of port then Send SMS
MNPSTAT (your number) to 121
from airtel number.
rfArlJ5.jpg

Last edited:
I thought of porting out my number from Jio to Airtel yesterday as Airtel has rolled out vowifi in Chennai and the sound quality seems to have been improved in my area as there was a new installed few months back. Since then I was thinking to change my operator. Also I am not sure about the jio vowifi support as any operator would prefer their own network above anyone else in providing services. Hence I think this is a good decision. I just opened my Airtel app today where I found the port status reflecting which is a nice initiative.

ivUhYpK.jpg

I will share my calling experience on vowifi once the sim gets activated. Btw I forgot to mention that I am using one plus 6t with Android 10 which supports vowifi and have personally checked with my brother's number who is using Airtel.
Where can we see this.
Do we need to login with that particular number in the app?

Yes bro just login to Airtel app with the number you have requested to port. It will show you the status.
Does we have an online option to recharge FRC..?
Or we need to goto any store itself

Does we have an online option to recharge FRC..?
Or we need to goto any store itself
I recharged my number after port on 30 November 2019 with ₹1699 and it's Sucessful.
You can also try normal 56 days or 84 days plan maybe it's Sucessful.
Note: Try from My Airtel App. So, In case of failure easily Refunded.

Last edited:
I recharged my number after port on 30 November 2019 with ₹1699 and it's Sucessful.
You can also try normal 56 days or 84 days plan maybe it's Sucessful.
Note: Try from My Airtel App. So, In case of failure easily Refunded.
So no need of FRC

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock