Airtel Postpaid to Prepaid: What are the requirements and Procedure?

ajgamer

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to shift from Airtel Postpaid to Prepaid. Can anyone tell me the requirements and procedure?

Also, Is it mandatory to visit the store or it can be done via. Phone-Call to the 121?

Thanks.

It is mandatory to visit store. They will swap the sim sometimes or they'll update old sim based on otp. Remember, store employees will say many stories. Like server down, requests not going thru etc.

Tell them that I was about to port out, your L2 team approved my prepaid request and asked to visit store.

Okay, Thanks for the information. One thing, What is this L2 Team and why they would says "Servers are Down and requests not going thru"?

Thanks.

Okay, Thanks for the information. One thing, What is this L2 Team and why they would says "Servers are Down and requests not going thru"?

Thanks.
No, I mean the store guys will say that. I've gone thru this. I got fed up tried to port. Then Airtel L2 called me and assured that they will help. They asked me say that the Post to Pre is approved by L2 team to be done via OTP. I said the same to the store guys. They converted from post to pre immediately.

Okay. How much time it took to convert from Post to Pre after taking request?

What documents to use?

Okay. How much time it took to convert from Post to Pre after taking request?

What documents to use?
I've also converted my postpaid number to prepaid recently. You'll need to visit the store for that. They may give you new sim. For me, the Airtel store guy asked my number. After few seconds, I received one OTP, showed the OTP to them and they raised a migration request. Migration may take up to 96 hours. He didn't give me the new sim. Migration happened on the same sim. But I had to replace the Sim with new sim because 4G and VoLTE wasn't working after migration.
Make sure to pay all your dues and unbilled amount.

You can read more about my migration experience here: Seeking Help - Migrate Airtel postpaid to prepaid

Thank you. I want to know few things more @sumitroy

1. Did you pay any fees for the new sim?

2. Your Prime Membership of Amazon is still working even after moving to Prepaid?

3. How much is your prepaid recharge since you have moved to prepaid?

4. What documents did you use to have the migration?

Thanks.

1. Did you pay any fees for the new sim?
Migration happened on the same sim. So, I didn't have to pay any fee. Btw, it was a regular sim replacement which I did (they didn't told me to take new sim). They took Rs. 25 for sim replacement.

2. Your Prime Membership of Amazon is still working even after moving to Prepaid?
Yes, it is working.

3. How much is your prepaid recharge since you have moved to prepaid?
You'll have to do FRC from airtel store. They'll tell you the pack and price. I did a recharge of Rs. 495 (FRC) which gives me 1.4 GB per day for 84 days.

4. What documents did you use to have the migration?
Nothing, they didn't ask me for any document. But you'll need to take your airtel number with you for OTP. For sim replacement they asked for original document of photo and address proof.

Last edited:
Migration happened on the same sim. So, I didn't have to pay any fee. Btw, it was a regular sim replacement which I did (they didn't told me to take new sim). They took Rs. 25 for sim replacement.

Yes, it is working.

You'll have to do FRC from airtel store. They'll tell you the pack and price. I did a recharge of Rs. 495 (FRC) which gives me 1.4 GB per day for 84 days.

Nothing, they didn't ask me for any document. But you'll need to take your airtel number with you for OTP. For sim replacement they asked for original document of photo and address proof.

sim replacement very costly in airtel. voda charges only Rs 11

Yes, it is working.

What would be the new proof of ID and Address they are accepting? (Except Passport).

And, How can I ask them to remove the Adhaar from their records?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock