Airtel pips Vodafone, Idea in user addition; Telenor lost over 1.5 mn users in Jan

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Bharti Airtel , India’s leading telecom operator added a maximum number of 3.55 million new subscribers in January this year, to take its total subscriber base to 269.40 million subscribers, an industry group Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) Friday said.

India’s No 2 carrier Vodafone India gained 1.74 million net subscribers in January, while No 3 telco Idea Cellular added 1.54 million new users. Vodafone now has 206.44 million subscribers and Idea Cellular has with 192.06 million subscribers.

With 33.05%, Bharti Airtel continues to own the maximum market share in the industry. Vodafone and Idea own 25.33% and 23.56% market share, respectively.

Telenor India lost over 1.5 million users in month, taking overall to 52.5 million in January 2016. Aircel added just 164,752 million customers during the same period, taking overall customer base to over 91 million.
State-run MTNL had 35,90,443 users in January.

The Indian telecom industry added 5.15 million mobile subscribers in the mobile telephony market in January 2017, taking the overall GSM base to 815.15 million.

“The numbers are impressive and motivating for the telecom sector. The growth in the subscriptions indicates that consumer base is expanding and reaching new horizons in the country. The industry continues to provide good service and connectivity across the country and develop mobile infrastructure in far-flung regions, despite extremely trying times and poor financial health of the sector," Rajan S Mathews, Director General, COAI, said.

UP East added the maximum number of subscribers (74.35 million) in January. Maharashtra came second with 70.17 million mobile subscribers, with Bihar coming a close third with 69.41 million subscribers. On the other hand, Maharashtra leads in the number of new additions with 0.92 million new subscribers in the month.

Airtel: airtel pips vodafone, idea in user addition; telenor lost over 1.5 mn users in january, Telecom News, ET Telecom

Idea is giving SIM Card in just 10 rupees. And Reliance is giving it for free :rofl
Soon, Airtel will also give it for free.

Sarkar said:
And we had to pay Rs 999 to get a SIM back in 2003  :wall
Yes! In those days heaving phone is a luxury.

I was bought !dea sim @ 499 in 2008:u
But in 2010 thrown due to 770 minus balance:lol

sagR said:
I was bought !dea sim @ 499 in 2008:u
But in 2010 thrown due to 770 minus balance:lol

It happened to me also. I think it was more than Rs1500 negative balance. At that time Nokia games were priced at Rs99 per game at BSNL portal. I downloaded few of them.  :lol

But I don't have to through the sim as they reset balance to Zero after few weeks :shy

Sarkar said:
It happened to me also. I think it was more than Rs1500 negative balance. At that time Nokia games were priced at Rs99 per game at BSNL portal. I downloaded few of them.  :lol

But I don't have to through the sim as they reset balance to Zero after few weeks :shy

I gone minus bcoz of ringtones
RT {space} ringtone code to something no
& I was tried from no 0001 to ending & seen @ next day 770 odd money
I was very happy to see it but then i remembered it is minus balance:shy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock