Discussion Airtel mobile services degrading day by day

Kiran Reddy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been using Airtel mobile services from past 10 years but I have been noticing that the quality of their services and coverage is getting worst day by day.

When Jio came up I started using Jio as my secondary sim, I got impressed with their services and at same time got frustrated with Airtel as I was not able to make or receive calls when at home with Airtel. Jio is working great for calls at my home where Airtel was great until last year but is worst now.

I finally decided to swap my sims, moved primary sim from Airtel to Jio and secondary sim from Jio to Airtel. I did so because anyways I cannot use 2 jio sims on same mobile and had some hope on Airtel that it may help me in case Jio coverage has any issues.

My Jio sim got ported to Airtel but Airtel Sim had some delay in getting ported to Jio. Now I am stuck with both numbers on Airtel with no coverage :(
AfSIujY.jpg

I still do not understand what is really wrong with Airtel, why their coverage is getting worst.

Have anyone else noticed same with Airtel.

Should have applied for Airtel to Jio first, after that both sim cards would have been Jio. Then convert Jio to Airtel.

Should have applied for Airtel to Jio first, after that both sim cards would have been Jio. Then convert Jio to Airtel.
Ya I feel that now but I felt both would take same time and I did the process on same day.
Situation is so bad that I have added Viber credits and using it for outgoing calls. To receive bank or any other OTP messages I need to go upstairs :'(

Situation is so bad that I have added Viber credits and using it for outgoing calls. To receive bank or any other OTP messages I need to go upstairs :'(
I use Whatsapp for making calls as an alternative. Can try that (using Wifi), many people always keep Internet Connectivity on in their phones.

Last edited:
Same case at my home. I have always had Airtel as my secondary SIM for a long time.. Since last 1 year, I am having problem getting signal inside my house. Sometimes it goes to no signal at all. Even 2G doesn't work. I have complained them a lot and 1 time I got a response like your area is not our priority. So i ported my secondary SIM to Vodafone. I hope they get their sh*t together and work out these kinks. Would love to get back to Airtel once everything is back to normal

I use Whatsapp for making calls as an alternative. Can try that (using Wifi), many people always keep Internet Connectivity on in their phones.
Many of my friends and relatives whom I call frequently are also on Airtel and I am confident that their data service will be worst and voice service is some what better than data :( so can't use whatsapp for all my calls.

Yes here too worst especially data is ON :(:(😢😢

If idle means full coverage

Last edited:
In my place Airtel improving their network. Till last year here is no 3g coverage & 2g was never showed full signal. Then this year they started 3g & 4g signal coverage in my place. I'm only using 3g network and Airtel 3g signal is maximum 3 bars out of 4 showing for me till last week. Few days before I faced 3g coverage unavailability in my place & contacted cc regarding this issue. They said network upgradation work is progressing for 3g & 4g. On Tuesday 3g coverage resumed with full signal bars in indoor & outdoor.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock