Advani's resignation: Who said what

abhi1276

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani's resignation from all party posts sent jitters through the party ranks.

Here's reaction of various top political leaders:

Narendra Modi: The Gujarat chief minister tweeted on his Twitter handle, trying to diffuse the situation. He tweeted, "Had a detailed conversation with Advani ji on phone. Urged him to change his decision. I hope he will not disappoint lakhs of Karyakartas."

"Spoke to Rajnath ji. In such a short time cannot reach the Parliamentary Board Meeting but will stand by whatever decision the Board takes."

BJP president Rajnath Singh: "I have not accepted Shri Advani ji's resignation," party chief Rajnath Singh said on Twitter.

Ram Jethmalani: Reacting strongly to Advani's resignation, former BJP leader Ram Jethmalani said the senior leader has become 'senile'. "LK Advani has lost his sense, has become senile," Jethmalani was quoted by CNN IBN.

Sushma Swaraj: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said she is confident of convincing the senior leader of withdrawing his resignation. She said, "I am surprised he never shared it with us. But I'm sure we will convince him," Sushma said.

Sharad Yadav: After Advani quit all party posts on Monday, JD-U chief Sharad Yadav described the development as a sad one which would adversely impact the National Democratic Alliance.

"It is sad... not good for NDA's health," Yadav told NDTV.

Uma Bharti: BJP leader Uma Bharti said, "Very affected and sad by this,Advani ji had laid the foundation of BJP, I will meet him tomorrow."

RSS' reaction: Right-wing Hindu nationalist group and the backbone of the BJP, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) described Advani's resignation as a setback.

RSS ideologue MG Vaidya said, "Advani's resignation is unfortunate and a setback, but RSS will not mediate in the matter."

It's BJP's internal matter: Congress

Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi: it was for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to ponder over Advani's resignation from his party posts.
"We do not have anything to say on this. It is for the BJP to think. It is for the concerned persons to think. We had already said that it (Modi's elevation) will have its repercussions," Dwivedi said.

Congress leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi: "It's clear now that personal ambitions are dominating the functioning of the BJP."

Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Mahesh Tapase: "The party with a difference is indeed a party with differences as is evident from Advani's resignation. The fate of NDA is sealed as BJP suffers NaMonia. The UPA will bounce back to power in 2014 Lok Sabha elections."

Omar Abdullah: Jammu & Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah tweeted: If his (LK Advani) opinion didn't matter to you yesterday why is his resignation a crisis for you today?

Kirti Azad (BJP): I am not aware as to why Advani ji has resigned, its however very unfortunate. The party will go and speak to him.

Anath Kumar (BJP): BJP won't accept Advani's resignation.

Naresh Aggarwal (Samajwadi Party): I had said in the morning that the BJP will be divided and that is what is happening.

Source: Advani's resignation: Who said what - Yahoo! News India

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock