Breaking Ads on Lock-screen of Huawei Phones (Now Removed)

Abhinav

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Many users have reportedly seeing Booking.com ads on the lockscreen of their Huawei and Honor smartphones. The affected smartphones mainly include Huawei P30 Pro, Huawei P20, P20 Pro, P20 Lite, P10 Lite and Honor 10. These ads are showing even if users don’t have the Booking.com app installed.

To get rid of these ads users have to disable Magazine Unlock feature by going to Settings > Lockscreen

aO3a5BC.jpg

Huawei apparently decides it needs more bad press, puts ads on phone lock screens

Last edited:
Xiaomi doesn't have ads on lockscreen. :no2: They have it on downloads, settings, music, videos, themes, file manager and security app. Stop defaming such reputed brand. 😤 👎
I bought my dad a Redmi 3S in 2016 and it doesn't have any such issues. I think this trend of Ad injections started only recently. I don't know which phone to get next unfortunately as i hate these ads. MyJio app alone is bugging me.

I bought my dad a Redmi 3S in 2016 and it doesn't have any such issues. I think this trend of Ad injections started only recently. I don't know which phone to get next unfortunately as i hate these ads. MyJio app alone is bugging me.
I don't have such issues my redmi 3s prime because I am on Custom ROM :lol:

For MyJio app, Disable unnecessary permissions and don't use Jio assistant. Also Never enable Display Overlay or Pop up permission for MyJio app

Last edited:
Huawei has confirmed that these lockscreen wallpapers have been Removed from their servers and they should no longer be visible to users. :)

source

Last edited:
Bro There is a post on Mi Community to stop all the ads and even the data tracking by mi To some extent visit this link
Link:[Updated on 23rd Nov, 2018] How to Disable Ads in MIUI [Updated on 23rd Nov, 2018] How to Disable Ads in MIUI - Tips & Tricks - Mi Community - Xiaomi
Most of us here know those steps. We are angry because we are paying full price and still getting ads, MIUI in EU have no ads because of strict rules. They show us ads and don't even provide regular security patches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock