Google TV - News & Updates

Google TV integration with Paramount+ is currently broken on Chromecast

One of the big benefits of Google TV is its ability to dig through the catalogs of various streaming services and allow you to search for content from everywhere in one place. Unfortunately, though, the directory Google TV uses for Paramount+ appears to be acting up at the moment.

While Paramount+ is one of the 30+ services that Google lists as supported by its universal search, the directory is at least partially broken at the moment. This becomes evident when you search for content that’s on Paramount+ through Google TV, but the service isn’t listed as an option. Despite my Paramount+ subscription account actively being linked to my account on a Chromecast, TV shows and movies that are on the service don’t appear. Examples include Sonic the Hedgehog, Infinite, Star Trek: Picard, The Stand, and others. In fact, we couldn’t find a single show or movie with Paramount+ as an option through Google TV, but we were able to use Assistant to launch some shows in the app. Even that, however, was inconsistent.

Please update here the services supported by Google Tv in India 🇮🇳.

1: Prime Video
2: Hotstar
3: MX Player

Today, we’re introducing a new live TV experience that lets you browse more than 800 free TV channels across multiple providers, organized in one easy-to-use guide right in the Live tab.

Only in the US.
The good thing is that they said apart from Google TV they will bring it to eligible Android TV devices as well. Which sparks hope that they may roll out support for Indian OTTs as well and aggregate the live channels of those apps and group them in the live TV tab which may function similar to what Jio Tv+ does in the Jio STBs. A similar implementation is already present in Fire TV OS, shouldn't be difficult for Google to implement it in Android TV.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock