Breaking Vi may raise tariffs by 15-20% end of 2020 or early 2021

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Vodafone Idea (Vi) is considering increasing tariffs 15-20% by the end of the year or early next year as the loss-making telco walks a tightrope between making a financial recovery and stemming customer losses.

Bharti Airtel may follow but both will closely watch rival Reliance Jio’s moves and calibrate their rates accordingly, said two people familiar with the matter.

Source

Lets see how this pans out. Recent upgrade and merging of network has had its own share of issues. Hope that is resolved before tarriffs are raised

ET Telecom has rightly described it as a Catch-22 situation, they have no option but to raise tariffs to survive and doing so will lead to subscriber loss. This move will surely increase the ARPU but the overall profitability and revenue will take a hit.

I think Jio will not increase tariff till next spectrum auction, but they might remove voice calling recharges (Rs.129, Rs.329 & Rs.1299) to smart phones, if zero IUC regime implements from 1-Jan-2021.

I think Jio will not increase tariff till next spectrum auction, but they might remove voice calling recharges (Rs.129, Rs.329 & Rs.1299) to smart phones, if zero IUC regime implements from 1-Jan-2021.
Calling plans are not disappearing. It is a proper bait to sell boosters.

Calling plans are not disappearing. It is a proper bait to sell boosters.
If they want ARPU towards Rs.200, then they might put basic plan@199/28d or 555/84d for smart phone users.

And new VI is not ready to stop their old shoddy practice, noticed 55 Rs ISD pack for 499 plans which have ISD calling activated by default. So called customer care to know how this plan was activated without any request. I was told that I have activated it over whatsapp ViC for ISD call cutter to US and Canada calls. Now I never use whatsapp on that number so not sure how they activated it. They have waived off the charges and removed the plan.

I have heard of similar charges from some of my friends as well, trying to charge post paid customer for these frivolous packs

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock