12-year-old Muslim girl from Mumbai wins Bhagwad Gita contest

• Thread starter Rushil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 3,066

Rushil

Contributor
Reaction score
A 12-year-old Muslim girl, studying in Class 6 of a Mira Road school in Mumbai, secured the first place in a Bhagwad Gita competition organised by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) last month.

Mariyam Asif Siddiqui, a student of Cosmopolitan High School in Mira Road, won the contest from among 4,500 students who appeared for the competition.

She received the first prize in an inter-school competition for explaining the teachings of the holy book.

Mariam Kadri, daughter of Asif Naseem Siddiqui, an editor of a local political magazine called Bartaman News, said, “My parents encouraged me to take part in the competition with a view that there is no need to hate any particular religion and it is important to know about the epics from religions to which they do not belong.”

Mariyam said she learned from Bhagwad Gita that humanity is the biggest religion in this world. "It was very interesting to read Bhagwad Gita as I have got a lot of information about life from it. The holy book has taught me the golden rules of life. It says that though there are many religions but humanity is the biggest religion among all," Mariyam said.

12-year-old Muslim girl from Mumbai wins Bhagwad Gita contest

Rushil.D said:
Mariam Kadri, daughter of Asif Naseem Siddiqui, an editor of a local political magazine called Bartaman News, said, “My parents encouraged me to take part in the competition with a view that there is no need to hate any particular religion and it is important to know about the epics from religions to which they do not belong.”

Mariyam said she learned from Bhagwad Gita that humanity is the biggest religion in this world.

A true Indian and this is what we want in India.. Kudos to her and her parents.. Though she is a little girl, we need to learn many from her.

Sadiq said:
A true Indian and this is what we want in India.. Kudos to her and her parents.. Though she is a little girl, we need to learn many from her.

@ rushil bro - very good news shared by u :clap:clap:clap
@ sadiq bro - very well said :hs:win:win:win

me_saket said:
I am also on search of information about other religion seriously

Hats off to girl

bro... u can search it on youtube n also search it on google. if u need any help u can also pm to me. i m also reading a lot of books. every religion say the same thing only. :tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

Good Share @Rushil Bro nd :tup:tup To Marian ;):clap

Hats off @Mariyam Asif Siddiqui..:c

Only politicians tries to break the religious tolerance & Unity among Indians.
:angry :angry :angry

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock