Developing the future...
- 3 Nov 2010
- Reaction score
10 Tips to Improve Interpersonal Skills
1. Practice Smiling Often. No one wants to be around someone who is always frowning. Maintain a positive, cheerful attitude about work and life.
2. Pay Attention to People. Make eye contact and address people by their first names. Ask them for their opinions and suggestions.
3. Be Generous with Praise and Words of Encouragement. If you let others know that they are appreciated, they will want to give you their best.
4. Keep Your Promises. If you promise something to someone, follow up on it.
5. Treat Everyone Fairly. Do not play favorites and avoid talking about others behind their backs.
6. Pay Close Attention to Your Body Language. This and the tone of your voice have a lot to do with how people feel about you. Think before you speak!
7. Make other’s Laugh. Most people are drawn to a person who can make them feel better.
8. Try to See Things from Another Person’s View. Empathy is about being able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes and understanding how they feel.
9. Keep an Open Mind. Remember there is always room for discussion and compromise.
10. Don’t Complain. There is nothing worse than a chronic whiner. Try to focus on helping other people solve their problems and it will be remembered.