10.or D Smartphone

Sai Jai

Reaction score
BENGALURU: In a bid to expand further into its private label play, Amazon india is all set to launch a smartphone in January under the brand name Tenor. However, this is not the ecommerce giant's first foray into an in-house created smartphone. The Seattle-based company quietly launched two models of smartphones - Tenor E and G - a couple of months prior to its homegrown rival Flipkart that came out with its in-house smartphone under private label Billion.

"We leverage the customer data and feedback to understand the gaps in the selection, pricing and reach out to our vendors or OEMs to manufacture relevant products," said Manish Tiwary, vice-president, Amazon India. The company calls it as 'Crafted for Amazon.' Experts say private label market in India for smartphones is fairly nascent. "The overall mobiles and tablet market would be at $8.5-9 billion annualised run rate in terms of gross merchandise volume," said Anil Kumar, CEO, RedSeer Consulting.

"The smartphones private label would be targeting the local, low-brand and mid-brand strength of smartphones which make up almost 20% of the market, thereby making it a $2-billion opportunity for these private labels," he said. Apart from smartphones, Amazon India already consists of private labels Solimo, Symbol and Myx for categories including staples, fashion and electronic accessories. It also sells its global brand Amazon Basics in the country.

Amazon India: Amazon India to launch new smartphone in January - The Economic Times

Last edited:
LP_Desktop_banner211_02._CB491447443_.jpg

https://www.amazon.in/b?node=141413...&pf_rd_r=S4CTQD4FY060PY64CCVR&tag=dreamdth-21

• Crafted for Amazon products are made in India
  • The 10.or D will go on sale on January 5
  • 10.or D price in India starts at Rs. 4,999
10.or D price in India starts at Rs. 4,999 for the base model featuring 2GB of RAM/ 16GB inbuilt storage, and goes up to Rs. 5,999 for the 3GB RAM/ 32GB inbuilt storage variant. The smartphone will go on sale at 12pm IST on January 5, and registrations for the first sale have already opened.

10.or D Launched by Amazon India at Rs. 4,999: What You Need to Know

My personal opinion on this phone: better buying a Xiaomi rather than this new brand as that would atleast have physical service centres. This one is very new and incase something goes wrong then no one would be caring about your problem.

Xiaomi Redmi 5A comes in this price range i guess. Good phone as per our members.

• Crafted for Amazon products are made in India
  • The 10.or D will go on sale on January 5
  • 10.or D price in India starts at Rs. 4,999
10.or D price in India starts at Rs. 4,999 for the base model featuring 2GB of RAM/ 16GB inbuilt storage, and goes up to Rs. 5,999 for the 3GB RAM/ 32GB inbuilt storage variant. The smartphone will go on sale at 12pm IST on January 5, and registrations for the first sale have already opened.

10.or D Launched by Amazon India at Rs. 4,999: What You Need to Know

I think they put price 4999 & 5999 to counter redmi 5a ;);)

Btwn i expected the price is 6K for base model ;);)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock